Folbot warrants this folding kayak to be free of manufacturing defects for life, beginning from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty is not transferable and does not apply to owner modifications.
In the event of a manufacturing defect, please contact Folbot, 4209 Pace Street, Charleston, SC 29405, or call 800/533-5099 for instructions. Upon Folbot instructions, ship the part to Folbot to inspect for workmanship or material defect. Any defect will either be repaired or replaced, at Folbot’s option, at no charge to the customer and returned, postage paid, to the customer within a reasonable period of time.
All parts of your Folbot are covered by this lifetime warranty, including framework and skin. While this boat is a very durable product and will withstand many years of normal use, this warranty does not cover damage from misuse or abuse, improper care, accidents, or normal wear and tear as materials naturally breakdown over extended use of time.
Violations of this warranty, include:
- Commercial or military use.
- Using your Folbot in low water where bottom surface conditions consist of sharp rocks or other abrasive items.
- Dragging your Folbot over any dry surface.
- Using your Folbot in whitewater conditions where it comes in contact with sharp underwater or surface objects.
- Towing your Folbot behind a mechanically powered boat.
- Shipment of your Folbot by other than a licensed carrier.
- Loading your Folbot beyond the recommended safe capacity.
- Storage of the Folbot in a “less-than-dry” condition.
- Leaving your Folbot exposed to UV while not in use.
In addition to the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty, Folbot will refund 100% of the purchase price of any boat and accessories that are returned to us in “like new” condition within thirty days of receipt. If the product is returned in less than “like new” condition, Folbot reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of an amount consistent with the boat’s condition. We recommend that you check the product thoroughly and test paddle the boat to assure your satisfaction.*
The Warranty Process
- Fill out the form below describing what happened.
- You will receive a copy of your warranty form. Print a copy.
- Ship your item along with the printed warranty form for inspection using the carrier of your choice.
- We recommended using a shipping method that will provide a tracking number to trace the shipment if necessary.
- Folbot is not responsible for packages being shipped to us that are lost or damaged in transit. We recommend you insure items for their full value when using the carrier of your choice.
- If Folbot decides that the item has a defect covered under warranty we will repair or replace it.
- Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge.
Please note that kayaks manufactured by Folbot prior to 1989 did not come with a lifetime warranty and are not covered by this warranty.
*We understand that a certain amount of dirt accumulation may occur in the assembly and testing of a kayak and this will not impact the acceptability of any returned item. Flat water testing, avoidance of hard objects and landings, and assembly away from any pet hair is strongly recommended to maintain the kayak in “like new” condition.
To submit a warranty request, fill this form out:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.