This touring kayak is as light as they come. Perfect for day trips and weekend getaways, the Kiawah gets you there nice and easy.
- LENGTH / BEAM: 13′ 3″ / 24″, (4.04m / 60.96cm)
- HEIGHT: 12″, (30.48cm)
- WEIGHT: 32 lbs., (14.55 kg)
- COCKPIT SIZE: 30″ x 16″ , (76.2cm x 40.6cm)
- MAXIMUM PAYLOAD: 200 lbs., (90.72 kg)
- BAG DIMENSIONS: 38″ x 18″ x 9″, (96.52cm x 45.72cm x 22.86cm)
- The “EXP option” is a package of our most popular options for these kayaks, allowing you to purchase them together at a significant savings. In addition to the many standard Kiawah features, the “EXP” package includes: a foot operated rudder, a spray skirt, the Wilderness Repair Kit, and padding on lower longitudinal frames (to help reduce abrasion to the hull).
- Great Maneuverability – “Although it may not be quite as fast as the longer boats such as the Cooper over very long distances, I found the Kiawah to be incredibly maneuverable and durable. I was also a little skeptical about its stability at first, but after 5 consecutive days of at least 6 hours a day in the boat, it easily stayed upright even in big storm swells!” - Anonymous Person
- love this boat – “this is a great boat! assembly is fun and straightforward. boat is easy to transport and is light enough for a fit 60ish female to carry and lift easily. comfortable and stable to paddle.” – Anonymous Person from Falmouth, MA
- New Kiawah! – “Love my new boat. Ashley was great, giving my husband and I a tour of the Folbot factory when we visited Charleston this Spring. That was amazing. Ashley also helped us put some Folbots together, Cooper and Kiawah, and paddled with us so we could get a feel for each craft. She answered every question possible. My Kiawah is beautifully crafted, stable and since I can put it in my Prius, it doesn’t get much better than that. I will need some time to get the assembly down to 10-15 minutes but I am confident about that. My two requests are: put a copy of the PDF instructions in with the new boat plus include a link or a DVD of someone putting a boat together in real time. The stern assembly is easy but many of us are assembly challenged and getting that part right needs a video description. I finally found one on YouTube but I had to search for a while. I will be a great salesperson for Folbot as there are no dealers in Maine.” – MP from Bangor, ME