A 2-person expedition model with huge payload capacity, the Greenland II is perfect for serious exploration and serious fun.
- LENGTH / BEAM: 17′ / 34″, (5.18m / 86.36cm)
- HEIGHT: 16″, (40.64cm)
- WEIGHT: 62 lbs., (28.12 kg)
- COCKPIT SIZE: 92″ x 22″, (2.34m x 55.88cm)
- MAXIMUM PAYLOAD: 600 lbs., (272.16 kg)
- BAG 1 DIMENSIONS: 10″ x 10″ x 56″, (27.94cm x 27.94cm x 1.42m)
- BAG 2 DIMENSIONS: 24″ x 29″ x 10″, (55.88cm x 73.66cm x 27.94cm)
Expedition Package: The EXP option is a package that includes our most popular accessories bundled together. In addition to the many standard features that all of our boats have, the EXP Package includes foot rudder, sprayskirts and deck, wilderness repair kit, and padded lower Longerons.
- “I have been a Greenland II owner and user for almost 20 years. I have used by Greenland II in the ocean, on lakes and reservoirs and even on fast flowing rivers (up to and including Class III whitewater.) I have loaded it down for 2 person 5 day trips, as well as running it solo, without any performance issues. I have scraped it, bent it, scorched it and dropped it. But thanks to it’s incredible design and it’s thoughtful and useful repair kit, I have never been left stranded. In addition, whenever I have damaged a piece beyond repair, the folks at Folbot have always been helpful about replacing damaged parts. I just bought parts this spring for my 19 year old Greenland II. I would recommend this boat, and this company, to anyone; from my friends and relatives for adventure travel, all the way through to romantics on a flatwater date. It is great for adventure ‘hair’, right down to ‘Blue-hairs’ in retirement (to which I will soon fit the bill.)” - David Little from Laporte, Colorado
- Great Kayak Built for Two – “We picked up a used 1993 Greenland II from the original owners who said they had “lightly” used the boat from Alaska to the Baja over the last 20 years. The boat is still in great shape and structurely sound, although rightfully showing some signs of wear. We have paddled the Greenland a few times this summer on a high mountain lake and truly love it. The boat is equipped with a rudder kit so it tracks straight down the lake, even in wind. The original foam seating is a bit hard, and we may modify those with the newer seats. It’s light weight makes it easy to get to and from the lake, and even from the first time, setting it up was a snap. I don’t think we’ll take it on an expedition, but do intend to travel and paddle it from Alaska to the Baja as well. We’ll write another review after we get a chance to really work this boat out, but for now, we love it.” – Wayne Brainerd from Colorado
- Simple and Stable – “[We] purchased our greenland 2 a few years ago. the simplicity of the assembly could not be overstated. It tracks very well and is very stable. Overall very pleased with the product quality and customer support received when had any issues. We really enjoy our kayak and look forward to more future adventures.” – Anonymous Person from Seattle, Washington
- One of the Best – “I took it out on the water (the Mediterranean sea) several times in varies sea conditions. I’m an avid kayaker for the last 18 years, during this time I have owned and paddled a wide range of kayaks mostly touring kayaks from simple polyethylene to high performance all carbon kayaks. The Greenland II is one of the best kayaks I have ever used, the stability and tracking is uncannily the best ever I have experienced. I’m very satisfied with it and very happy I’ve made the choice of purchasing the Folbot Greenland II.” – Philip from Israel